Video Relay Service 24/7
Connecting Deaf People with Healthcare professionals, all day every day
InterpreterNow! can help you:
- make your own appointment with doctor, hospital, dentist
- get advice from NHS Direct (telephone help line from NHS)
- get health information from health charity telephone help lines
And it's FREE for Deaf people to use
How does it work?
1. A Deaf person needs to book a GP appointment.
So they log in to InterpreterNow!, the FREE service from SignHealth
2. They select one of InterpreterNow!'s fully-qualified local relay interpreters from the list on screen.
They send a request to their selected relay interpreter.
The relay interpreter texts back to say go ahead (or a time when they will be available).
3. The Deaf person clicks on a link to connect their webcam to the relay interpreter.
They tell the relay interpreter the surgery's telephone number.
The relay interpreter telephones the surgery and relays the conversation, so the Deaf person can book their appointment.
What equipment do I need?
To use InterpreterNow! from SignHealth you only need
- an ordinary PC
- a broadband internet connection
- a simple webcam (like the Microsoft Lifecam VX2000)
- your mobile phone (to receive a text from the relay interpreter)
How do I get started?
Click here to send us an email with your name and details. We will create a login for you and send you the link so you can start using InterpreterNow!. It's that easy!
The service is only for calls to health services. It is not a "call anyone" service
Our Relay Interpreters will often be available immediately. But if they are all busy, you may have to wait a short time. The text you receive will tell you when the interpreter will be ready for you.
InterpreterNow! is available all day every day - "24/7".